Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Effects of Abuse

(an encore post by Cecil Murphey)

I watched the second half of a TV program on sexual abuse and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Here are a few of the facts I remember:

* Sexually molested boys are four times more at risk for injecting themselves with drugs.

* Abused boys have more sexual relations with anal penetration—without protection against STDs.

* They're more likely to prostitute themselves than nonabused boys.

* They contract STDs twice as often as nonabused.

The TV program referred to them as a subgroup who were highly at risk for HIV and AIDS.

As I watched, I thanked God that I wasn't part of that subgroup. I also thought of the well-known proverb, "But for the grace of God, there go I."

1 comment:

Jospeh said...

I understand what you say. Often when I see movies or news reports about where I could have been but am not, I am overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude to God for His grace. I made some sinful choices because of what happened to me, but God allowed me to go only so far and no further, and in His time He rescued me and began restoring. I'm a "senior citizen" who is free from the chains that bound me for most of my life. Thank God for his mercy and grace.